Kacey's Nog- Where a Novel meets a Blog

Kacey's Nog- Where a Novel meets a Blog
Finally putting it all down on "paper"

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

♪♫ Beauty School Drop Out ♪♫

I figured my huge following of adoring fans might be missing my prose, so I felt it was time to make an entry on my sad little Nog.

Almost 20 years ago, I was kicked out of Beauty School.  I wasn't given a reason, and at the time, was very naive to the world, and not used to mean or dishonest people, so those running the school scared me so effectively with their threats of never being able to get my license or attend another school ever again, stuck with me for almost two decades.  I believed them. I allowed fear to keep me from doing what I believe is a calling on my life.

It got me to thinking- How many decisions do we make based on fear? And, as a result how many things have we missed out on because of that fear?  I just spent the past 7,117+ days doing things that may not have been God's original will for me- making decisions based on what I thought was right for me or my family at the time, not based on what God said about it.  I also wonder how many times we fail to include God in all of our decisions, big and small.  I know I fail at that on a regular basis. I'm trying to ask God more and more on a regular basis if I am supposed to do something so that it can become a habit and so that I don't miss out on His best for me.

Alright, so back to my original reason for writing this entry.  After almost 20 years, I decided to forget about the fear and the threats made my former Beauty School administrators, and enroll in Cosmetology School- and FINISH this time! :)

I am a little nervous about my back injury getting in the way, but I truly hope and pray that God will honor my decision to get out and live my life despite the back injury and its propensity to go out almost every 6 weeks.  I pray He will honor my obedience to move on and do something and finish school even though it is a physically demanding occupation.  The hubby and I bought some bicycles and I'm riding every other day, and walking the dogs daily as well, so that bit of movement should help me shed a few pounds, which will help my back as well as strengthen muscles needed to stand and do hair. 

I have gotten to the point that after 6 years of making decisions based on whether or not something will hurt my back, that it is time to just do stuff and hope that God will honor that and the pain will not be debilitating, and that my healing will come.

I'm very excited about starting school in October. I am taking donations for my tuition and the black and white wardrobe I'll need for classes- :)

I'll need models and clients by the time Christmas rolls around, so feel free to contact me if you're interested.  Also, think about some of the things I have mentioned- what fears are keeping you from becoming the person that God had in mind? What blessings are you missing out on because of your fears?  Are there people in your past that have kept you from doing things you felt you were supposed to do in the future?

I think it's time to tell the devil and his minions of fear and intimidation, and insecurity to shove it! Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment